Seattle, Washington–June 8, 2023 – YCLUB Superyacht Management and the Washed Ashore Project are announcing their partnership for ocean conservation today. The partners picked this date for their announcement in honor of World Oceans Day.
YCLUB Superyacht Management
YCLUB is the world's only superyacht management company to fully integrate web3 technology, data-driven AI insights, and Metaverse experiences throughout its ecosystem. YCLUB's mission is to leverage technology to reimagine the experience of clientele, owners, and superyacht professionals and support ocean conservation.
The Washed Ashore Project
Washed Ashore, Art to Save the Sea, is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization committed to combating plastic pollution through art and education. Their mission is to build and exhibit aesthetically powerful art to educate a global audience about plastic pollution in the ocean and waterways and to spark positive changes in consumer habits.
In ten years, Washed Ashore has processed over 35 tons of plastic pollution from the Pacific Northwest's ocean beaches to create over 87 works of art that are awakening the hearts and minds of viewers to the global marine debris crisis.
Washed Ashore has exhibited its giant sculptures at many noteworthy venues, including the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History in Washington, The Kelly Clarkson Show, Disney, and many Zoos, Aquariums, and Botanical Gardens across the United States.
Examples of Washed Ashore Sculptures
YCLUB's Vision to Support the Washed Ashore Conservation Mission
Ocean conservation is core to the YCLUB mission as the YCLUB team feels that participants in the superyacht industry have a unique responsibility to help to restore our oceans. YCLUB will focus on the global expansion of Washed Ashore art, education, and beach cleaning initiatives throughout the superyacht industry globally. These efforts include:
- Organizing beach cleanups globally.
- Coordinating with school districts to integrate a Washed Ashore-based curriculum that promotes learning the science of ocean pollution, taking action through beach cleanups, and expressing creativity through creating art from plastic debris.
- Supporting international artisans to create art from ocean debris.
- Educating about Washed Ashore within the international yachting community.
- Touring Washed Ashore art at major boat shows internationally.
- Promoting installations, exhibitions, and commissions for new Washed Ashore works worldwide.
- Fundraising to establish an Art from Ocean Debris Workshop space in Miami, Florida, to create art from recovered ocean plastics and community-based educational events.
- Sharing educational content about ocean conservation and the yachting community's contributions to these efforts.
A European Debut for Washed Ashore
YCLUB is bringing Washed Ashore's spectacular sculpture, "Flash the Marlin," to Europe in September. This will be the first time Washed Ashore art is seen outside the United States
and is a first step toward booking installations for "Flash the Marlin" and more Washed Ashore sculptures worldwide.
Want to contribute?
For more information and to donate to Washed Ashore's efforts on YCLUB's website, visit:
Sasha Oster firstname.lastname@example.org